Monday, October 3, 2011

Frame


With my frame exposed and rusting I had a problem to address if I wanted the truck to last for a long time. The absolute best way to do this is to take everything off, sand blast the frame, and then paint it. Due to a lack of time I was not able to do this. So I coated the frame with a special paint that will protect it from the elements. Now, if you’re thinking that the rust is still there and that this is still a problem you’re right, but the rust is in its very first stages and not as bad as it looks. The frame should now last about 80 years before the problem comes up again. I could have taken the time sandblast and paint it, in which case the frame would last 150 years. So in the end it’s not necessarily the best way but I think it is a good solution to the problem.






No comments:

Post a Comment